Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thekkady
















I had a very nice week in Thekkady! Thekkady is 185 km inland from Cochin and is 2700 feet above sea level. I stayed at the Club Mahindra Tusker Trails and stayed in my own hut designed in the traditional Indian "machan" style. It was situated in a thickly wooded plantation of coffee, cardamom, pepper as well as teak and fruit trees. I was quite entertained all week by the monkeys that swung from tree to tree above my hut even though they were early risers and could be quite loud so early in the day. It was a great place for walking and visiting the spice markets in the village. There were some great restaurants where I enjoyed many fabulous Indian foods. I also took 3 cooking classes but you'll read about that later. The temperature was also very nice being at such a high altitude. I enjoyed escaping the high temperatures and extreme humidity of Cochin.

No comments:

Post a Comment